At some point in your research, you must have come across Ontario. Well, Ontario is one of Canada’s most popular provinces, and this puts it among the most populous provinces with over 14 million people residing in it. It is in the east central Canada.
Ontario is the home of the capital of Canada, Ottawa and the capital of this great province is Toronto which is also the most populous municipal.
You may be asking why is Ontario favoured in this aspect compared to the other 12 provinces and territories. Well, let’s put it this way Ontario has a lot of opportunities to foreign professional workers and the province is quite interesting to live in.
Even with the outbreak of COVID-19 pandemic that is still impacting countries all over the world in 2021, it is still easy to move to Canada, especially since the country has already managed to vaccinate 65percent of the people living there. If you are pondering on how you can immigrate to Ontario in 2021, then you saw this article just right in time. All you have to do is ensure that you meet the requirements and that you are eligible. Another good thing is that even if you don’t meet with the requirements now and you are serious about moving to Canada successfully in the future, you can work on improving your Comprehensive Ranking Score (CRS) and certainly, you will stand a chance.
The Best Immigration Programs in Ontario
Many immigrants favor Ontario and envisage on living in its top city, Toronto. So if you are planning to move to this vibrant province, you can expect to see diversity in both people and culture. It is one of the world’s most multicultural places having over 150 different cultures. Ontario is a province you would love to live in so you should start considering it.
These two programs will help you get a visa to live in Ontario faster and they are Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP) and the Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP).
- Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP)
The immigrant nominee program is limited to a particular province and so the Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program is specific to the province. When you are applying for permanent residency, many people would argue that it’s the best program or immigration pathway to choose that will help you get a Canadian visa.
Well, the Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program is certainly a recommended immigration program because with it you can get to Ontario faster, regardless of where you are applying from in the world. We have three categories under this program for you to choose from, they are:
- Human Capital Category
We have three immigration streams in this category and they are linked to Express Entry system. This allows the Ontario’s immigration system to look for candidates through the Entry pool. The best candidates are handpicked based on their work experience and skills to fill up shortages in the province’s labour force so as to increase the work force of the province. These immigration streams are designed for different types of candidates and they include:
- The Human Capital Priorities Stream
- French-Speaking Stream
- Skilled Trades Streams
Aside these three main immigration streams, there are also two more streams for students that fall under the Human Capital Category and they are created for foreign students who have graduated from any tertiary institutions in Ontario and wants to obtain a Canadian visa. These student streams include the following:
- Master’s Graduate Stream
- Ph.D. Graduate Stream
- Employer Job Offer Category
This category is for candidates that have a job offer from an employer in the province. Three immigration streams exist under this category and they include the following:
- Foreign Worker Stream: this is one of the best options if you want to fill a skilled role under the National Occupational Classification (NOC) level 0, A, or B. For you to qualify for this program you are also required to have graduated from a tertiary institution in the past two years from the point of application.
- International Student Stream: for you to qualify for this program, you must have graduated from a tertiary institution also.
- In-Demand Skills Stream: for you to qualify for this, you must have a job offer under the list of occupations in high demand in the province of Ontario.
- Business Immigration Stream
This stream is for someone that is interested in either starting your own business or investing in an already established one in Canada, the ideal program for you would be one of the following two under the business immigration stream:
- Corporate or investment Stream: this program allows you as an immigrant with an international business to bring it to the province or buy an already existing business as this will help in the development of Ontario.
- Entrepreneur or start-up Stream: this program allows you to start up a new business or buy a business in Ontario.
- Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP)
The FSWP is perfect for foreign immigrants who are skilled workers that want to immigrate to Canada. It is a system for boosting the labour force of the aging population. This program is created meet the economic needs for continuous growth and development in the country. This is why Canada targets 18 to 44-year old skilled foreign workers to get a job and move to Canada.
It doesn’t mean that someone over the age of 44-years can’t apply to work and live in Canada. You can actually apply for work and immigrate to Canada. The ratio of younger foreigners that are accepted compared older ones is much bigger.
Some requirements you need to meet to qualify are:
- Having enough work experience your field and be skilled enough in to fill a job position
- You must meet the language requirement in English or French
- Your age
- Ability to adaptability
- Valid job offer
Since the program is still under the Entry system, you will be score against a Comprehensive Ranking System score and be required to meet or exceed the cut-off score for you to receive an Invitation to Apply (ITA). When you get the ITA, you will be required to accept within 60days and complete your application to get a Canadian visa.