The Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships program 2022 provides full funding for international students. Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships are worth $70,000 per year for two years.
Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships provide funding to the best postdoctoral candidates, both nationally and internationally, who will positively contribute to the growth of the country from an economic, social, and scientific standpoint.
Each year, 70 new two-year fellowships will be awarded by Canada’s three granting agencies: The Canadian Institutes of Health Research (CIHR), the Natural Science and Engineering Research Council (NSERC) and the Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council (SSHRC).
Through the Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships, we aim to recruit international and Canadian postdoctoral researchers at an internationally competitive level of funding so that we can build world-class research capacity. Through a research-intensive career, the program serves to attract and retain top-tier postdoctoral talent in Canada and abroad, to develop their leadership potential, and to position them for success as future research leaders who will positively contribute to Canada’s economic, social and research-based growth.
- Details About Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships program 2022
- Scholarship Benefits
- Eligibility Criteria for The Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships program 2022
- How to Apply for The Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships program?
Details About Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships program 2022
- Level of Study: Postdoctoral
- Institution(s): Host Institutes (universities, affiliated research hospitals, colleges, and not-for-profits with a strong research mandate and capacity.)
- Opportunity Focus Areas:
- Health research
- Natural sciences and/or engineering
- Social sciences and/or humanities
- No of Scholarships: 70 fellowships are awarded annually
- Program Period: Two years
- Deadline: September 22, 2021
Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships provide the following benefits to the recipient:
- The applicant will receive funds up to $70,000 per year for two years.
- Each year, 70 fellowships are awarded
Eligibility Criteria for The Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships program 2022
Candidates must meet the following criteria to be eligible for The Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships program:
- Required Language: English
- Eligible Countries: All world countries
- Applicants for the 2021-22 Banting Postdoctoral Fellowship program must have completed all degree requirements for a PhD, PhD-equivalent, or health professional degree:
- (inclusively) between September 15, 2018 and September 30, 2022
- Prior to the start date of their award.
- Applicants who have not completed all degree requirements at the time of application must provide proof no later than October 15, 2022.
- If an applicant has earned more than one PhD, PhD-equivalent, or health professional degree, the eligibility window applies to the most recent degree.
- Please read more on eligibility requirements here
How to Apply for The Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships program?
To apply for this fellowship, please follow these instructions:
- Ensure your desired institution is eligible to host a Banting Fellow by contacting them through Here, or, if you are hoping to be hosted at a Canadian institution, please see the Universities Canada website through Here for a list of Canadian academic institutions and their research areas.
- Contact the desired host institution/supervisor
- Applications must be submitted in full collaboration with the potential host institution.
- The institution’s president (or designate) must endorse the application.
- Applicants are responsible for supplying their proposed institutions and referees with the documents they need to write their letters.
- As part of the application process, applicants and their host institution should discuss:
- Details of the fellowship appointment
- Benefits offered to Banting postdoctoral researchers
- If there are any financial obligations associated with the appointment (union dues, insurance premiums, etc.).
- Research and/or other support available
- Postdoctoral researchers’ rights and responsibilities
- Any other institution-specific policies that may apply to a Banting postdoctoral researcher
- Register for Canadian Common CV (CCV) and ResearchNet accounts
- Please register for a ResearchNet account – a web-based application tool and a database of opportunities for funding. Click here to register
- CIHR PIN – unique identifier that you need to apply through this site
- CCV account – a web-based tool that lets you manage your CV data in a single repository and generate CVs as needed for all of our member organizations here
- Start a ResearchNet application from here
- The applicant will have to fill the following:
- Identify an area of research
- identify participants
- Fulfillment of degree requirements forms
- Identify referees
- Enter degree information.
- Enter proposal information and supporting documents
- Research proposal
- Institutional letter of endorsement
- Supervisor’s statement
- The applicant will have to fill the following:
For more information Here.
Visit the official website for more information about the Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships program: