Canada is a country in North America. Its ten provinces and three territories extend from the Atlantic to the Pacific and northward into the Arctic Ocean, covering 9.98 million square kilometers, making it the world’s second-largest country by total area.
Canada takes up about two-fifths of the North American continent, making it the second-largest country in the world after Russia.
The country is sparsely populated, with most of its 35.5 million residents living within 125 miles of the U.S. border.
Canada’s expansive wilderness to the north plays a large role in Canadian identity, as does the country’s reputation of welcoming immigrants.
Canada has in the recent past, consistently ranked among the best places to live. In both 2018 and 2019, Canada was ranked third best country in the world by US News & World Report.
It might interest you to know in 2020 till the time of writing this article (2022) in the News &World Report, Canada is the #1 country in the world in Quality of Life ranking with a GDP of $1.7trillion, population of 37.6million, and GDP PC, PPP of $46,347.
This is due in large part to its access to education, high life expectancy (Canada boasts a universal health care system), and low crime and violence rates.
It’s no wonder that more and more international students are choosing to study in Canada.
Canada has many modern, stylish, and clean cities that attract many immigrants.
Anyone moving to Canada is sure of enjoying its fascinating outdoor appearance and the convenience offered by its cities.
Canada is one of the states that let you live efficiently in a suburban town and commute to work.
The Corona pandemic has affected immigration severely just like many other sectors.
In the past two years, immigrant journeys have been interrupted by border closure, travel restrictions, and lockdowns.
However, the good news is that on January 19, Canada came up with a new Express Entry. Canada Express Entry is the fastest and most popular pathway to permanent residence for immigrants seeking a new life in Canada.
It is an online system used by the Canadian government to organize and process applications for skilled workers who wish to immigrate to Canada and acquire Canadian permanent residence status.
Canada welcomes around 110,000 skilled workers through the Express Entry system each year.
The Canada Provincial Nominee Programs (PNPs), is a program where provinces nominate individuals to reside in the province as PR to meet their economic needs.
Each Canada Provincial Nominee Program has its unique selection criteria. The selection criteria and occupations vary from province/territory to province/territory. Most importantly, to be searched for nomination candidates need to create an Express Entry profile.
After that, you have to make a separate application to a PNP program.
You can receive a permanent residence invitation by applying through Express Entry directly and skipping the PNP process. The Provincial Nominee Program (PNP) candidates are the only ones that received an invitation from the Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).
The Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) mark cut off was 745 while the PNP applicants receive spontaneous 600 points, which are summed to their overall score during selection so, their score looks high.
September 14 is the last time Canadian Experience Class (CEC) candidates received the Express Entry draws invitation.
The Express Entry draws have been available exclusively for PNP candidates since September. IRCC has invited 1,428 candidates under Express Entry since the beginning of 2022.
The CRS cut-off has been between 700 and 800 during the past 10 PNP-specific EE draws. The cut-off of 745 was lower than the 808 CRS needed for the first draw of 2022 on January 5.
The Express Entry pool is full of the FSWP and the CEC candidates. The collection had a total of around 194,000 candidates on January 4.
About 80% of these applicants qualify for the Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP), the other 20% qualify for the CEC.
Although the numbers are rounded, the difference makes up the number of applicants that qualify for other programs such as the Federal Skilled Trades Program and PNP.
The FSWP candidates were the most called to apply for permanent residence before the corona pandemic.
Around 45% of all the Express Entry invitations were given to the FSWP applicants in 2019. However, IRCC has not invited the FSWP for any application since December 2020, so the pool is full.
Since September, the number of CEC applicants in the entry pool has increased dramatically. Six months ago, they made up around 6%, but currently, they make up approximately 20%.
Around June, IRCC was holding big CEC draws, calling 6,000 candidates to apply simultaneously.
Please Bear In Mind: Applying for a provincial nomination is not the same as applying for Canadian permanent residence.