How to apply for Beit Trust Postgraduate Scholarships for African Students to Study in UK and South Africa
Beit Trust Postgraduate Scholarships for African Students 2023/24: Applications are open for students to apply for a postgraduate scholarship position in a UK or South African university supported by the Beit Trust.
The Beit Trust is a collaboration between eight UK universities and three South African University to sponsor individuals with the passion to pursue a degree program. The partnership between the universities helps share cost thereby increasing the number of scholarships that can be funded by the Beit Trust.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): The Beit Trust
Scholarships to be taken at: UK or South Africa
Scholarship Type: Full Scholarship
Scholarship level: Postgraduate (Masters)
Scholarship Worth: See Benefits (below)
Beit Trust Postgraduate Scholarship | Eligibility Criteria
- Applicants must be students from Zambia, Zimbabwe and Malawi who are resident in and also intend to return to those countries on completion of studies.
- Applicants are to apply for a one-year taught master’s programme in UK university and two-year taught master’s programme in South African university.
- Applicants (except medical and veterinary doctors) must be under 30 years of age on 31 December 2022.
- Doctors and Vets must be under 35 years of age on 31 December 2022.
- Fees, tuition costs and related academic expenses.
- A personal allowance, index-linked in accordance from an independent authority, covering maintenance support.
- Other allowances are paid for arrival, a laptop and departure.
- Economy class tickets to the place of study and on final return.
- Trust will also address any expenses that may arise in 2023/24 as a result of residual Covid protocols
How-to-Apply: Interested applicants for the Beit Trust Postgraduate Scholarship 2023/24 are to apply by following the procedures as outlined:
- Apply to any of the partner university in the UK and South Africa and be offered admission to study a postgraduate course.
- Notify the partner university that he/she will be approaching the Beit Trust for scholarship funding and should also indicate the work experience.
- Notify the Trust once application has been submitted to the partner university and also tell the trust which course is being applied for.
- Confirm their nationality to the Trust; Zambians are to send their application form for confirmation to [email protected]
- Applicants from Zimbabwe and Malawi are to send theirs to [email protected].
- Applications, with all the supporting documents are to be uploaded online via the scholarship application link before the application deadline.
- A signed Medical Certificate Form from your doctor. This will need to be completed before you begin the application process below. Please download the form here: Medical Certificate Form
- A copy of your offer letter from a UK Partner University/s; or a PDF document detailing the university/s and course/s you will apply to at South African Partner University/s.
- Degree results.
- Curriculum Vitae
- A personal statement(no longer than 500 words) to explain in your own words how you think a postgraduate degree will benefit your country and its development.
- A clear recent photograph of yourself: not a passport photo, but something that shows you to your best advantage.
- A clear copy of your valid passport, showing date of issue and expiry.
Application Deadline: February 20, 2023
Visit the official website for Further Details